The Missouri Lottery benefits many types of businesses. Your place of business could be a profitable Lottery outlet if these common elements are present:
- Location has high in-store traffic;
- Discretionary income or impulse products are sold at the location; and
- Point-of-purchase materials are prominently displayed to build product awareness.
- Earn 5 cents for every $1 sold in Draw Games and Scratchers tickets.
- Can receive a bonus that equals 2 percent of the prize for cashing winning Scratchers and Draw Games tickets up to $600 by meeting certain game and sales criteria.
- Receive a bonus equal to $5,000 for selling a winning Lotto ticket.
- Receive a $50,000 bonus for selling a winning Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot ticket and $1,000 selling bonus for selling a Powerball or Mega Millions ticket that matches all five white-ball numbers drawn.
- Sell a winning Club Keno ticket of $10,000 or more and receive a 1 percent selling bonus.
- Get a $500 selling bonus for selling a Show Me Cash jackpot.
- Participate in Lottery sales contests that offer cash, trip and merchandise prizes.
- Receive continuous support with in-store visits from your sales representative and weekly or bi-weekly calls.
Under the Code of State Regulations, Division 40 Missouri Lottery, Chapter 40, Retail Sales Licenses 12 CSR 40-40.090 Eligibility for Licenses, no license will be granted to an applicant who:
- Has been convicted of a felony.
- Has purchased a federal tax stamp for wagering and /or gambling activity.
- Has been convicted of bookmaking or any other form of illegal gambling.
- Has been convicted of a crime involving fraud or misrepresentation.
- Is a relative of a commissioner or any employee of the Missouri Lottery.
- Is under the age of 21;
- Is a lottery contractor or a lottery vendor or has a direct interest in any lottery contractor or lottery vendor. For purposes of this subsection, a direct interest shall mean a 10 percent or greater interest by shares or percentage of partnership in any lottery contractor or vendor; and
- Owes any debt to the state of Missouri. For purposes of this subsection, the state of Missouri shall not include any city or county.
Under the regulation, a person is defined as any natural person, firm, corporation, or other legal entity possessing a Department of Revenue retail sales tax license, as provided by law. For purposes of licensing, "person" refers to the principal owner of a sole proprietorship, principal partner(s) of a partnership, manager of the lottery account within a corporation, and top two officers of a non-profit organization.
In addition, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a Missouri sales tax license.
- You cannot be in business solely to sell Missouri Lottery tickets.
There is a $75 application fee due at the time the retailer is licensed, and there is a $50 annual renewal fee. In most cases, applicants can be licensed and ready for ticket orders within seven to 14 working days.
Lottery Retailer Application Forms
- You may contact us to request retailer application forms at any of our regional office locations, or simply download them here in Adobe PDF format. You may type in the information right on the forms posted below, but you must print the forms out and hand-deliver or mail them to the nearest Lottery office.
Note: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher to access and print out the forms. If you need to, you can download Acrobat Reader free from Adobe.
To view the following forms, you will need to turn off your pop-up blocker.